Heartburn is not a disease, it is an eating disorder. It affects upper digestive system. It is a burning sensation behind the Sternum or Epigastrion. In simple words it affects Esophagus and you feel heartburn. It occurs due to acid reflux in esophagus. When acid escapes from the stomach and enters into esophagus results in the form of burning sensation in chest. Many people around the globe suffer from heartburn at least once a week. It affects 1 in 5 adults everyday.
LES (Lower Esophageal Sphincter) is a muscle at the top of stomach. This flap type muscle opens to allow food to enter in the stomach. After food has entered in the stomach it closes to prevent acid from backing up into esophagus. When acid flares-up it forces LES to open and acid leaks into esophagus. This is when heartburn awakens. There are several remedies to prevent from this most common enemy. So let’s see O que é bom para azia e queimação as mentioned bellow.
1. Cinnamon – Cinnamon stimulates the enzyme Pepsin to break down food faster. By taking cinnamon regularly, it can improve digestive health and increase metabolism. It also minimizes the risk of ulcer in lower esophagus.
2. Eating several almonds when heartburn symptom persists, can relieve the heartburn and acidity.
3. Thin slices of lemon dipped in salt also prevents from heartburn. Just eat alt dipped lemons before meals to prevent heartburn.
4. Mint leaves are also effective in heartburn. Chop some mint leaves and boil in a cup of water. Sip this brew slowly, after eating meals. Drinking fresh mint juice daily keeps acidity in check and prevents from heartburn.
5. Jaggery is also a very useful weapon against heartburn. Sucking a piece of jaggery after meals can decrease acidity effectively.
6. Eating a banana daily is very useful. Just peel of a fresh banana and eat it. It will improve digestive health.
7. This is one of most useful remedy for heartburn. Mix Two Teaspoon of natural apple cider vinegar with Two Teaspoon of raw honey in a glass of water. Drink this mixture 15 minutes before taking meals.
8. Basil; the most popular medicinal plant is useful for the treatment of heartburn also. Take some leaves of basil and chew them. It helps the enzymes to break food and reduces the acid refluxes.
9. Coconut water is not only tasty but also very useful. Just drink a glass of coconut water 2 times a day and prevent yourself from acidity and heartburn.
10. Eating a slice of red apple everyday can be helpful. It is very simple and it is quite effective. Take a fresh apple and cut a slice and eat it, of course you can eat whole apple also.
At last awareness is the biggest and most effective cure for any disease or disorder. All these remedies are very much effective when paired with stress-reduction, regular exercise and a bit change in lifestyle. As mentioned above it is an eating disorder, one has to improve eating habits to cure himself. Changing few things in lifestyle is always helpful. Take meals 2 hours before sleeping. A little change will lead to healthy life.